Thursday, April 26, 2007

Palak Paneer



I have made Paneer Butter Masala many times. And I can say that it is the only dish which came out nicely from the very first trial. It is delicious but we have to use lots of butter in it. Also I felt bored cooking the samething whenever we expect guests. So I thought of expanding my horizon. I tried Gobi Manchurian, the recipe of which I have already posted and Palak Paneer, the recipe of which I am going to give you now.

INGREDIENTS

  1. Bunch Spinach/Palak-chopped along with the stem - 1
  2. Paneer in pieces - as desired
  3. Onion chopped - 1 U.S. onion/3 Indian onions
  4. Big Tomato chopped - 1
  5. Ginger- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
  6. Green chilies - 3 or 4
  7. Butter - 1 Tbsp
  8. Red chili Powder - 1 tsp
  9. Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
  10. Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
  11. Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
  12. Milk - 1/2 Cup
  13. Salt to taste

METHOD:

  • Fry onions + ginger-garlic paste+ tomatoes and ingeadients (f),(g),(h),(i) and salt one after the other.
  • Meanwhile cook the chopped spinach /palak uncovered with just a tbsp of water and salt sprinkled on it .
  • Cool and blend (1) and (2) nicely to a smooth paste.
  • Meanwhile fry panner in 1 Tbsp of butter until lightly browned on both the sides.
  • To the paste, add milk and water and cook on high flame for about 5 mins uncovered. Now reduce the flame and cook for another min.
  • When the gravy nicely thickens up put the paneer pieces into the gravy and cook along with the gravy for another 2 minutes.

    Palak Paneer ready...............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Salasa,
I was looking for a good veggie dish as my mother is a pure vegetarian...Today i tried your palak paneer..It came out veryyyyyy well..She liked it very much and i got a lot of appreciations...Thank you very much for such a wonderful recipe.